Plan Your Visit Now!
Are you interested in treating your students to a unique, multicultural experience that includes art, music, history, the Spanish language, and cultural studies? If so, take a class field trip to Latino Arts, located in the heart of Milwaukee's historic South Side.
To register click the event of your choice below and fill out all fields indicated on the MiVoz registration form and submit payment.
Highlights of your visit—all located here at our campus—might include:
- Specially-priced student matinee for $8 per student
- Participation in one of our many interactive, hands-on workshops with our visiting visual and performing artists for $8 per student plus a $2 supply fee when applicable
- A visit to a wide range of art exhibits in our Latino Arts Gallery for $1 per person
- An authentic Mexican or Puerto Rican meal at Café el Sol, at a discounted group rate of $8.50 per person
- Curriculum materials for select exhibits, performances and Hispanic cultural celebrations
- A visit to our new Hispanic Heritage Center plus our famous "History of Latinos in Milwaukee" Murals
Learn more about class trips to Latino Arts with these resources:
2018/19 Student Matinees & Workshops
Pedrito Martinez Group
Thursday, March 28
Friday, March 29
Friday, May 17
March 8, 2019
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Led by master percussionist and local educator, Cecilio Negrón, Jr., students will learn the percussive elements of Carnival celebrations from throughout Latin America!
May 13 & 14, 2019
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Led by instructor Imani Jalil, a Milwaukee native and member of Panadanza Dance Company, this exciting and interactive workshop will give students a taste of Latin dance and culture!
**To request a tour of our Latino Arts Gallery, please email email@example.com. Please include the date/time you wish to visit, number of students, and all contact information (name, school, email, phone, address).