Plan Your Visit Now!
Are you interested in treating your students to a unique, multicultural experience that includes art, music, history, the Spanish language, and cultural studies? If so, take a class field trip to Latino Arts, located in the heart of Milwaukee's historic South Side.
To register utilize the form below and fill out all fields indicated on the registration form and submit payment.
**Registrations are not confirmed until a member of the Latino Arts staff contacts you and payment is received.
Highlights of your visit—all located here at our campus—might include:
- Specially-priced student matinee for $8 per student
- Participation in one of our many interactive, hands-on workshops with our visiting visual and performing artists for $8 per student plus a $2 supply fee when applicable
- A visit to a wide range of art exhibits in our Latino Arts Gallery for $1 per person
- An authentic Mexican or Puerto Rican meal at Café el Sol, at a discounted group rate of $8.50 per person
- Curriculum materials for select exhibits, performances and Hispanic cultural celebrations
- A visit to our new Hispanic Heritage Center plus our famous "History of Latinos in Milwaukee" Murals
Learn more about class trips to Latino Arts with these resources:
2019/20 Student Matinees & Workshops
Click the event of your choice to register.
Thursday, October 31
Friday, November 1
Friday, December 6
DIA DE LOS MUERTOS: ALEBRIJES
November 14 & 15
10:30 a.m. - Noon & 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.
This hands-on workshop will be an experience filled with imagination and vibrant color as participants learn the history of Alebrijes, colorful mythical animal spirits created by renowned Mexican artisan Pedro Linares. Each participant will create their own Alebrije by transferring their selected Alebrije design onto heavy gauge aluminum using an embossing technique. No Alebrije would be complete without adding color to bring to life each participant’s personality and creativity! This workshop merges the Milagros (or Exvoto) and Alebrije folk art traditions into a cultural and educational experience for all participants.