Plan Your Visit Now!
Are you interested in treating your students to a unique, multicultural experience that includes art, music, history, the Spanish language, and cultural studies? If so, take a class field trip to Latino Arts, located in the heart of Milwaukee's historic South Side.
Highlights of your visit—all located here at our campus—might include:
- Specially-priced student matinee for $8 per student
- Participation in one of our many interactive, hands-on workshops with our visiting visual and performing artists for $8 per student plus a $2 supply fee when applicable
- A visit to a wide range of art exhibits in our Latino Arts Gallery for $1 per person
- An authentic Mexican or Puerto Rican meal at Café el Sol, at a discounted group rate of $8.50 per person
- Curriculum materials for select exhibits, performances and Hispanic cultural celebrations
- A visit to our new Hispanic Heritage Center plus our famous "History of Latinos in Milwaukee" Murals
Learn more about class trips to Latino Arts with these resources:
- Teacher FAQs (PDF)
- Self-Guided Hispanic Heritage Tour (PDF)
- Dia de los Muertos Study Guide (PDF)
- Ofrendas Gallery Reflection Program (PDF)
2018 Student Matinees & Workshops
Thursday, November 1
Friday, November 2
Friday, December 7
Pedrito Martinez Group
Thursday, March 28
Friday, March 29
Friday, May 17
Dia de los Muertos Workshop
10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Students will learn about the history of Dia de los Muertos while creating their own papier-mâché skulls! Led by Latino Arts Managing Artistic Director, Jacobo Lovo, this workshop combines arts and culture and brings Dia de los Muertos to life for students!