- In 2008, LASP won the Coming up Taller Award, given by a Presidential Committee and the National Endowment for the Arts and the Humanities, hosted at the White House in Washington, D.C.
- In 2009, Ms. Marquez was named Milwaukee Artist of the Year by the Milwaukee Arts Council.
- In 2010, Ms. Marquez was invited back to the White House with several of her students as part of First Lady Michelle Obama’s efforts to promote the arts.
- In 2012, the LASP received the National Afterschool Innovators Award
- In 2015, Ms. Marquez received the MLK Heritage Award from the state of Wisconsin and the Ladies League Inovadora Award from LULAC.
LASP students have also won numerous individual local and state awards and many are going on to form part of, and take leadership positions at the Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra and the Wisconsin School Music Associations’ State Honor’s Youth Orchestras. In addition to their musical accomplishments, LASP students are out performing their peers in state and national standardized testing in both reading and mathematics. They are winning academic awards and scholarships to the best private high schools in the area, and 95% of its graduates have gone on to college – proving once again that serious study of music helps the whole child.